Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where are you based?
North Bristol (BS16), UK.
2. Who will be DJ'in for me?
James DJ's all of Feel The Funk Disco's events. Find out more about James here.
3. Can you mix?
No ifs, no buts, I can certainly DJ! I've DJ'd in the biggest clubs, bars and wedding venues in the South-West, including Motion, The O2 Academy, SWX, Revolution, Lakota, Elmore Court, Orchardleigh House and many more. The good news is I really do enjoy playing the music you want, so rest assured I don't just play Club music!
Also the name, "Feel The Funk Disco" may suggest that I just play Funk and Disco music. That's not the case. I'm extremely versatile and can comfortably mix all genres.
If you're still undecided, send me the names of 5 songs you really like and I'll create a mini-mix for you completely free of charge! That way you can see if my mixing style is what you're looking for!
4. Do you take song requests?
Yes! If you book me, I will provide you with a party worksheet. The party worksheet ensures your event goes exactly how you want it to go! It goes through your music preferences (and the music you don't want!), mic requests, and much more.
You can also approach me on the night and make a request!
Not everyone knows exactly the music they're looking for. I've created a Song Suggestions page to give you a few ideas!
If you're having a Wedding your guests can make song requests here.
5. Do you have any customer reviews I can see?
6. How much do you charge?
Please message me for a no-obligation quote.
7. Do you have Public Liability Insurance (PLI), Portable Appliance Tested (PAT) equipment, and equipment insurance?
Yes for all three. If the venue requires proof, I can provide that.
8. Where can I see examples of your previous events?
9. How will you dress?
For weddings I wear a shirt and tie with smart shoes and trousers. For all other events I wear my branded polo shirt or a smart, long-sleeved shirt.
10. How long does it take you to set up?
11. Do you require a deposit?
I require a reservation fee, which is 20% of the total fee, in order to secure your booking. The remaining 80% is due 14 days prior to the event. For my full Terms and Conditions, please click here.
12. Do we get to meet you before our Wedding day?
13. What is your smoking/drinking policy?
I don't smoke and I don't drink alcohol. I am accessible at all times throughout the night, so rest assured you won't be seeing me heading to the bar or going outside for a cigarette break! The only time I leave the booth is if I need to go to the toilet (or in the highly unlikely event an emergency situation arises).
14. Can you play past our agreed ending time?
Yes, but this is at the discretion of the management of the venue and me, the DJ. Additional hours are charged at £70 per hour.
15. Will you do events which don't have access to main power, such as a marquee?
Yes, but the generator must be provided by the client, and must meet my requirements.
16. What set up will you provide?
That depends on the package you choose. For details, click here.
17. Are you on social media?
18. Is there a way of seeing you perform live before we book you?
19. If we book you, can you record your mix on the night for us?
Yes, certainly. If you have booked the Wedding Package it's free of charge. Otherwise, the charge is £25. The mix will be uploaded to Mixcloud, for you to listen back to it any time you want. Due to copyright, I cannot send you the MP3 file.
Is your question not listed here? Do not fear! Drop me a message here, and I'll be in touch.